Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 year ago

I’m so insecure?

It’s like certain features on me makes me insecure. I legit don’t feel pretty at all. I mean sure i take good pictures here and there but i’m just so freaking ugly .. I’m 14 and i have so much acne.. Like no seriously sooo much. I been dealing with acne since like 3rd grade!! and it haven’t went away.

it’s getting so bad that i even took acne pills and nothings working! It’s so bad that around my mouth and nose it’s very dry and leaves my skin red and itchy and also dry peeling skin! ;(

My acne problem so bad that pimples are on my upper back and on my chest :( .. There’s not a day i don’t have dried up blood on my face from my pimples. Then my nose is so big.. I even had somebody tell me that “ Your nose is big as **** from the side...” I feel so bad...

I’m just so insecure about myself .. Acne && my nose plays a huge role in making me insecure.. Lots of more things too but these are the top :(

• 1 year ago

I know it’s easy especially as a young teenager to become consumed in the thoughts and acceptance of others. Your acne nor your nose define the purity of your heart and the goodness of your soul. You could walk out of your house every morning and dread your path, your journey, and what you’ve been given along the way. Or, you can wake up, own it, and become an inspiration to those around you who struggle with the same thing.

1 year ago

I have a big nose too lol don't worry, you will grow into it more as your body grows. It's worst as a kid, I know how it is, I was really insecure about it growing up as well. Trust me it could be worse, mine also was deviated so I couldn't breath through it properly at night and it was affecting my sleep drastically, just be happy you have your health.

The acne is basically just oil in your face, everybody has it, some more than others. DON'T touch your face at all is the most helpful thing you can do. There's tons of oil in your hands so it's really bad for it. Try a product with Benzol Peroxide or Adapalene, matched with a mild facial cleanser like Cetaphil. Always clean your towels and bedding regularly. You can go see your doctor and he can write you a referral to see a dermatologist if the problem persist. Good luck!

• 1 year ago

See a dermatologist

• 1 year ago

Get over it

• 1 year ago

Behave like it’s not visible, although it’s hard when you’re young, and your focus is solely on yourself. Reach out to others, smile, and learn to be a good listener. Anyone I know who’d had acne as a teen has a number of friends and respect of everyone, with great sense of humor. You might try seeing a dermatologist to help with your skin problem.

• 1 year ago

On top of what everyone else has said about loving yourself:

No one who puts you down or makes an insensitive comment over the size of your nose is worth listening to. They are jerks. Surround yourself with people who love and care about you regardless of things like this. It will help you feel better about yourself.

• Helen
    1 year ago

Acne and noses don't determine beauty. Looks are fleeting anyway. Beauty is a good heart - a kind soul. Happiness and confidence. Doing what you love and being unapologetically you. That's what makes people beautiful.

We all have our physical flaws and things we wish we could change. I'm 32 and have acne rosacea. It's part of me. A part of me I would prefer not to have, but it's there all the same and you just have to accept yourself as you are. Write a list of all the things you like about the way you look. Ask your family and friends to tell you what they think is beautiful about you - their answers may surprise you.

You have to make the best of what you've got. If your entire self worth is based solely on your appearance then you will never be happy with yourself.

• 1 year ago

chill out take care of yourself it will get better

1 year ago

Go to the doctors, try out everything you can find. Sometimes acne just happens and theres nothing you can do. MOST of the time you grow out of it.

Honestly, Im insecure too but its your face is something youre just going ot have to live with. Whether you thnk youre pretty or not, whether youre actually ugly or not, unless you pay a lot of money youre stuck with it.

Dont look at yourself and think disgusting, even if you have to force yourself look at things you DO like. Even if yu dont feel cute, just say AND think "I look cute today". Attractiveness is a lot to do with confidence, and people who arent pretty and insecure are very unapproachable.