How do I start wearing glasses all the time?

So I recently got a pair of glasses, with a weak prescription - I have slight astigmatism, and the optometrist said it isn't essential to wear them all the time, my parents agreed. However, even though they make a slight difference, I enjoy seeing a crystal clear world and I would like to wear them all the... show more So I recently got a pair of glasses, with a weak prescription - I have slight astigmatism, and the optometrist said it isn't essential to wear them all the time, my parents agreed. However, even though they make a slight difference, I enjoy seeing a crystal clear world and I would like to wear them all the time so I also don't have to constantly put them on and off to look at things in detail - the board at school etc. How do I do this though? Do I just gradually start wearing the more often or what?

Thanks xx
Update: Thanks for everyone's answers but the only problem is I feel embarrassed and people - my parents will ask why I am wearing them.