My horse has been biting her flank and kicking alot, does anyone know what might cause this?

My 24 year old horse has typically been in very good health but for a while (around 4 months ago) I ve noticed her biting at her flank and when I circle her on the ground she kicks with her inside back leg every time. The vet has come to check her out but didn t seem overly concerned all he said was it may be an... show more My 24 year old horse has typically been in very good health but for a while (around 4 months ago) I ve noticed her biting at her flank and when I circle her on the ground she kicks with her inside back leg every time. The vet has come to check her out but didn t seem overly concerned all he said was it may be an ulcer and that the only way to be certain was to have a procedure done (which he proceeded to tell me was expensive and not very necessary)Has anyone experienced similar issues with their horse or know what it could be?