Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 year ago

Is it okay not to have a set plan as a teenager?

I know I want to go into the medical field for oncology, but im scared it won't work out. Is it okay to not have a set plan yet? Im 17.

• reza
    1 year ago

I don’t have a set plan yet and I’m 27. I know a number of people who didn’t have a set plan until much later in life, and a ton of people believe it’s mentally straining to make the decision for sure at a young age. You’re not even through half your life yet, so take some time and experience things. Take general education classes at a local (and cheaper) community college and try to take a wide spread of classes. One of my college professors actually went through medical school, didn’t take her gen ed classes before her major classes and on what would’ve been her last semester, switched her major because she found English more satisfying when she took it as a gen ed. So go and experience what you can now - you might find something new that excites you.

• 1 year ago

It's ok for a 15 year old to not have a plan, but that's the time to start thinking of one.

It's not ok for a 27 year old to not have a plan.

1 year ago

People who don’t have a plan end up working doing something they don’t like, for people who do have a plan.

The least you should have is a plan to make a plan by a certain date; or a plan to do nothing or take time out for a certain time.

• drip
    1 year ago

You need to finsih high school first. My son in law always wanted to be a doctor. But once in college he took an organic chemistry class and loved it. He ended up with a doctorate in chemistry.

Getting into medical school is difficult. High competition. So be sure your undergrad major is something you like and can have a career at, Always have a Plan B.

Get your HS diploma. Start at a university. You will be taken general education classes all your first year. Even if you declaiare a major going in, you can change it. You got time.

1 year ago

i dont see anything wrong with that, it rnight take tirne for you to have a set plan

• 1 year ago

Yes. And it's also okay if you have a plan and then change your mind. 'Scared it won't work out'? Well, you can't find out if it will work or not until you do it.

• 1 year ago

you have plenty of tirne to get a set plan so i wouldnt worry about it

• Scooby
    1 year ago

At 17 you should concentrate on being young and having fun,give yourself a few more years of being carefree,until you start thinking about your future.

1 year ago

You need to see if you can pass all classes in advanced chem, biology, and maths. Few can.