Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 year ago

I bumped my head on a door frame?

I bumped my head on a door frame and got this goose egg from it. It hurts a lot and is very swollen and bulging.

How do I heal it ASAP and how long will I have it and could it be any worse?

• 1 year ago

Yowie! I agree with the concussion possibility, especially if you are suddenly feeling tired, cross-eyed or the pain just won't go away with a few Tylenols and a cold pack. Have someone keep an eye on you tonight and try to wake you up every few hours and check for even pupil response. Dim the lights then shine a light into your eyes to make sure the pupils get smaller, then larger when the light goes off. If any of this happens, get to urgent care ASAP.

The swelling on the outside may be doing it's job of keeping the swelling on the inside of your skull down. You are also probably going to have a nice black eye or two in a few days.

Source(s): I put my head through a windshield once.
    • Allen1 year agoReport

I did go to the doctor. My brain in all okay, apparently. Also you were right. I still have the bump but it did really give me a giant black eye

• 1 year ago

Immediate answer is, visit your GP or local hospital ASAP. Even lumps much smaller than yours can be serious signs of some very scary issues when created by impact injuries. Secondary answer is in my experience, strong impact injuries (especially those on boney areas) can often cause cysts which will last for life. These are benign and painless while awkward and unsightly. They can however sometimes be removed through surgery if they affect your mental state enough.

• Herenya1 year agoReport

Thank you for your reply. I hope your black eye goes away quickly without any remaining issues. I am glad your brain is doing well. Best of luck to you my friend.

• 1 year ago

See a doctor ASAP and a dermatologist for the discoloration

• Allen1 year agoReport

I did go to the doctor. My brain in all okay, apparently.

• e9601:
    1 year ago

You need to see a Dr. Don't ever mess around when you have a huge knot like yours.

• Allen1 year agoReport

• 1 year ago

It looks rather severe. An old country remedy that works is vinegar. Get a wash cloth saturate with vinegar and apply to the lump. It will help. If this is applied immediately after the body part being bumped the vinegar will prevent the swelling. In this case it should help to reduce it. Take care

• Allen1 year agoReport

Thanks but didt really help at all.

• 1 year ago

You may not want to but you really need to get that checked out. Let a dr look at that. That is huge. So many people have little accidents involving the head and don't get checked out and they end up being serious injuries. Yours may not be but its a good idea to have a dr check you out to confirm.

• Allen1 year agoReport

I did go to the doctor. My brain in all okay, apparently. Bump is still big plus now it gave me a giant black eye.

1 year ago

Lol thats huuuuuge!!!!

1 year ago

That's a helluva bump. Ice it but dont expect miracles.

• Allen1 year agoReport

Yeah, ice did pretty much nothing

1 year ago

OUCH!! That's a really nasty bump. I feel so sorry for you, it must hurt!

Put some cold compress on it gently and take some painkillers but that is gonna stick around for a week or so.

• Allen1 year agoReport

Thanks it hurt like all hell. Compress didnt help plus now I have a giant black eye

• Carson
    1 year ago

You must have hit really hard because that's about as bad as it gets.

Ice for the swelling. You may want to see a Dr. The brain rebounding after the hit may have done some damage to the back of your brain.

You'll have that 'goose egg' for a while.

• Allen1 year agoReport

I did hit it hard. And I did go to the doctor. My brain in all okay, apparently. Goose egg still there but it gave me a black eye

• 1 year ago

Nasty cold compress asap