White tear/crack underneath glass display on 2017 MacBook Pro?

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. I picked it out of my bag one day and I saw a small crack in the display, I thought to myself, oh f***, I cracked the display, how?. But this was not the case. I felt the glass and there was clearly no damage to the glass. Instead it was underneath the glass. It was a small white crack at... show more I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. I picked it out of my bag one day and I saw a small crack in the display, I thought to myself, oh f***, I cracked the display, how?. But this was not the case. I felt the glass and there was clearly no damage to the glass. Instead it was underneath the glass. It was a small white crack at the bottom of the screen. This crack however started to grow, and I noticed that when you put pressure on it, it seemed to grow exponentially. It literally looks like a white line graph on my screen, which discolors the screen around it. I have no idea what happened or what to do. I am very scared that I have to pay $800+ to fix my MacBook. Any help is appreciated.