promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 1 year ago

What are expenses associated with adopting a child.?

A good friend of mine and her husband are expecting a child and they already have a complete family of 4. A relative of mine is considering adopting their baby but they are disagreeing on some aspects of who pays for what, if they decide to carry the child to term for adoption. What are some reasonable expenses for a prospective adoption? Too be more specific, they are disagreeing on who pays the attorney's fees.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • df
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

Depends. Foster then adopt is cheaper

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

The adoptive parents pay for the lawyer for both.

It's rare a couple would give up a child when they already have children, so it's unlikely they will follow through, especially since they are already having conflict with the potential adoptive parents

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

If they are arguing about who pays the fees, this is not a good adoption match. Today arguing about legal fees, tomorrow arguing about how HER child is being raised, 15 yrs now keeps reminding the child she is the mom.

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

They need to hire an attorney and find out

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

i think they should pay all their rnedical bills

• LizB
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

The adoptive parents should pay the attorney's fees. They are not, however, obligated to pay any medical expenses during the pregnancy or related to the birth. They can, and it's common, but it's considered a gift.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.