Help my computer monitor menu keep popping up randomly and im not pressing anything help?

The menu for my monitor keeps popping up and im not pressing the buttons on my monitor at all. What is going on?

Update:

It is a LG w2061TQ

Update 2:

I haven't cleaned it in a while it just started doing this today.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Adrian
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Some power supplies in monitors start to fail, mostly due to cheap capacitors in the power supply and overheating (failure to clean the monitor cooling vents, if any). A temporary short in a capacitor will cause a reset of the monitor's logic, and probably makes that on screen menu show up every time it thinks it has just been powered on.

I have fixed a few such monitors that exhibit strange behavior similar to that (or power cycling). In most cases, it was the internal power supply capacitors.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

you could try downloading adblock plus, it rnight keep it frorn corning up

• 8 months ago

1. What is the make and model number of the computer?

2. Are you using HP monitor?

If you’re using HP monitor then, you may try the following and check if that helps.

Press and hold the menu key in the monitor button for 30 sec until you get OSD Lockout message. OSD lockout prevents the OSD menu from opening on the screen when a button is accidentally pressed.

• 8 months ago

crabs

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

With no clues what "computer monitor" brand, model, age, condition, what might have changed before this, all that can be guessed is a stuck button or a bad button interface board. Did you try to clean the screen with some fluid recently?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.