promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 year ago

Will choose best answer! Please make this sentence better?

"He was the older brother, the stronger one, and he was more charming and witty, more cunning, more heartless, and more vicious."

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

He was the older and stronger brother. He was more charming and witty, yet cunning, heartless and vicious.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

Of course there will be as many ways or re-writing the sentence as there are people reading it, but there is no guarantee that any of them will make the sentence 'better', as there is nothing wrong with it.

What do YOU think is wrong with it? I enjoyed the slow build-up of the comparatives.

• Tina
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It's fine as it is.

• 1 year ago

Elimination of the extra mores will be most people's first option, although I see how they could make the prose stronger as you get into the repetition of the word.

I'd suggest chopping this sentence up. Compound sentences are weaker than simple ones.

He was the older brother, the stronger one. He was more charming and wittier. He was also more cunning, more heartless, and more vicious.

• ...Show all comments
    • bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

I'm in agreement with @Tina about this. There may be reasons to use shorter sentences in a particular context, but there is nothing intrinsically 'weak' about compound sentences.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

"He was the older brother, the stronger one, and he was more charming and witty, more cunning, more heartless, and more vicious."

He was the elder more extreme brother. He was more charming and witty but also more vicious, heartless and cunning..

• 1 year ago

With his intoxicating charm, and ruthless nature, he was of much stronger character than his younger brother.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

No

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.