What bible verse goes against romans 13?

The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spoke to me, He that rules over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. - 2 Samuel 23:3, KJV

They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off. - Hosea 8:4, KJV

“Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?” - Psalm 94:20, KJV

The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. - Acts 4:26, KJV

The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. - Psalm 2:2-3 ... etc....

“For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.” - Isaiah 9:16, KJV

Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. - Jeremiah 17:5, KJV

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. - Matthew 15:14, KJV

Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord. - Jeremiah 23:32, KJV

For I have not sent them, saith the Lord, yet they prophesy a lie in my name; that I might drive you out, and that ye might perish, ye, and the prophets that prophesy unto you. - Jeremiah 27:15, KJV

For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the Lord. - Jeremiah 29:9, KJV

He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding. - Proverbs 12:11, KJV

Better is a poor and a wise child than an old and foolish king, who will no more be admonished. - Ecclesiastes 4:13, KJV

CONCLUSION: NOT ALL LEADERS ARE APPOINTED BY GOD. THOUGH IN THE BIBLE, GOD HAS ALLOWED PAGAN LEADERS TO RULE OVER HIS PEOPLE, WHEN THEY CONTINUOUSLY REJECTED HIS LEADERSHIP (such man like Nebuchadnezzar). Read all of Jeremiah chapter 27 verses 1-22, when God appoints the king of Babylon to rule over His people. This of course was the consequence/punishment for their rebellion against Him in those times. God shows His people what it is like without Him as their leader, and the people are oppressed by their pagan leaders. If God's people continuously reject Him, God will give them over to what they want, but it serves to show them their error (see 1 Samuel 8:6-22)

-------------------------------------------

vs. Romans 13:1-2, KJV

1. Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

^ what Paul said was correct, but should have had better elaboration. Scripture must always be compared with Scripture. We are subject to the rulers of this world... meaning they do have authority in this world and their positions of power need to be recognized. Think of it this way: Daniel, Azariah, Mishael, and Hananiah were respectful of Nebuchadnezzar and were his servants and counselors - however, they recognized the God of Israel as the King of kings and Lord of lords - so when Nebuchadnezzar commanded them to do what was abominable in the eyes of the Lord, they respectfully resisted him. Even Daniel who respected and liked King Darius, had to resist the decree of King Darius, and it caused him to be thrown into the lion's den. As the people of God, we are His ambassadors in the earth - meaning we must be respectful of others, but our loyalty must ultimately be towards God. Regarding laws, we must always do what is right and lawful. For example, traffic lights are good, but if a ruler makes an evil law against God's law of righteousness, we must respectfully resist that law (see Psalm 94:20) - of course we must also understand that there are earthly consequences for rebelling against worldly leaders, but there are more dire consequences for those who rebel against God's laws.

King Solomon let the people of Israel into error, even idolatry. I believe that even though King Solomon was a respected king of the people, they should have respectfully resisted him when he chose to lead the nation into rebellion and disloyalty against the Lord. God cannot ask us to obey Him above all, and also obey those in rebellion against Him.... that is irrational, and He would be a lunatic. As God said that the king of Babylon would rule over them, and it did come to pass - Daniel and the others under that king defied the king's orders when it came to having to follow a rule or rules that were against God's laws. Jesus Himself was a rebel, who wasn't really a rebel. He did not rebel against God's laws, but plenty of religious authority figures despised Him, because He wouldn't overturn God's laws in order to bow to their laws. The way of God and the ways of the world are not always compatible.... but we must always be guided by the spirit of truth and righteousness in all matters.

Nothing

The Bible is harmonious. No part of it contradicts any other part.

It should be noted that Romans 13 must be read with the understanding that obeying God is even more important than obeying human authorities. Later on, the Roman Empire required Christians to deny Christ.

• Den B7

Which part of Romans 13?