Anonymous asked in TravelCaribbeanDominican Republic · 10 months ago

PUNTA CANA RIU BAMBU can my 17 year old girlfriend drink?

Me (19) and my girlfriend(17) are going on vacation together in July and I was just wondering has anyone had any experience where the resort didn't let a 17 year old drink or go the casino or clubs? We are going to the resort called Riu Bambu. Please let me no!


We have consent from her parents with a notarized travel form.

6 Answers

  • Rogue
    Lv 6
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    I'm surprised that the resort will let a 19 year old book a room. A lot of resorts have restrictions for anyone under 21, and some under 25 years of age. As for drinking under age, not likely. Anyone caught serving an underage person will lose their job. Security personal are all over the resorts. Some you will see, and others blend in with the vacationers. Anyone under 18 will have a different colored wristband than those 18 and older. Most bars and restaurants will also ask for your name and room number. They have all of your information on their computers.

    Source(s): Been to many resorts in different parts of the Caribbean.
    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • Jahal
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

    Looks like anything goes in the Dominican republic.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

    Nope she has to be at least 18 years old 17 is a restriction in that country

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 10 months ago

    Seriously? Her parents are LETTING her do this? No, she won't be able to drink. Resorts do not want to be responsible for drunk teens tearing up their rooms and doing stupid things in the pool.

    • K10 months agoReport

      Why is it weird her parents are letting her go on vacation?

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

    The legal drinking age on all of the DR, including Punta Cana, is 18, and she will not be served alcoholic beverages at your resort or anywhere else.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 10 months ago

    You are transporting a minor across country borders? That is way dangerous.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.