Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCaribbeanDominican Republic · 8 months ago

PUNTA CANA RIU BAMBU can my 17 year old girlfriend drink?

Me (19) and my girlfriend(17) are going on vacation together in July and I was just wondering has anyone had any experience where the resort didn't let a 17 year old drink or go the casino or clubs? We are going to the resort called Riu Bambu. Please let me no!

We have consent from her parents with a notarized travel form.

• Rogue

I'm surprised that the resort will let a 19 year old book a room. A lot of resorts have restrictions for anyone under 21, and some under 25 years of age. As for drinking under age, not likely. Anyone caught serving an underage person will lose their job. Security personal are all over the resorts. Some you will see, and others blend in with the vacationers. Anyone under 18 will have a different colored wristband than those 18 and older. Most bars and restaurants will also ask for your name and room number. They have all of your information on their computers.

Source(s): Been to many resorts in different parts of the Caribbean.
  • Jahal

Looks like anything goes in the Dominican republic.

Nope she has to be at least 18 years old 17 is a restriction in that country

Seriously? Her parents are LETTING her do this? No, she won't be able to drink. Resorts do not want to be responsible for drunk teens tearing up their rooms and doing stupid things in the pool.

• K8 months agoReport

Why is it weird her parents are letting her go on vacation?

The legal drinking age on all of the DR, including Punta Cana, is 18, and she will not be served alcoholic beverages at your resort or anywhere else.

You are transporting a minor across country borders? That is way dangerous.