promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 year ago

Are you supposed to leave your fish in the tank while doing a water change?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

You should NEVER remove the fish from the tank! unless of coarse their is an emergency such as contamination or you are re-homing them.

Removing fish is very stressful and it removes slime coat "fishy immune system"

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

i always just fill a cup with tank water and do the change and add it back and my fish have been fine.

• 1 year ago

No. Have an auxiliary tank to put the fish in while changing water and cleaning the primary tank. Make sure the water is at proper temperature in the auxiliary tank, but other than that it can be just about anything that'll hold water. A cooking pot for example. You'll not be keeping your fish in it for long.

Source(s): Had a salt-water tank of fish for years.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

You syphon the water out using a hose and bucket Keep fish in tank .. When water gets to desired level slowly add new water to tank using a plastic Butter container . Make sure water has been sitting overnight to bring it up to room temperature so fish are not shocked .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

They won't last long in your pocket.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

I never do...I take them out into a smaller container before putting them back.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

yes keep them in to avoid shock

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.