Beatles vs Queen?

Me and my friend are trying to come to a conclusion who is best. Who does everybody prefer?

I prefer Queen

Source(s): 79

I enjoy both.

I love queen but only with Freddie.

If either you or your friend had listened to the COMPLETE oeuvre of either of those bands I don’t think you’d have to ask the question, honestly. I mean, it’s kind of like comparing a stick figure drawing to the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. I don’t really trash on any band unless they’re really garbage and Queen was distinctive/unique enough with Freddie’s soaring voice and Brian May screaming on that little homemade guitar, but the Beatles? It’s almost like every time they came out with another album it was a completely different band but just as good if not better, with the lyrics and the writing and the music even deeper than before. They were incredibly versatile and organic, their ‘ensemble’ playing (chemistry) especially in their earlier years was unsurpassed. They also had ‘fifth Beatle’ George Martin in the studio, had some of the best instrumentalists of the time sitting in with them, like Eric Clapton, Billy Preston, etc. Arguably the best band that ever was or will be

Both are great, but Queen is the greatest!

Both are awesome but I'd go witj Beatles :)

• Nick

Both are awesome. They are classics in their own way. I actually prefer Queen because to me Freddie Mercury is the greatest lead singer.

• KJC

No preference. They are from different eras. I would not compare them to each other.

Both are overrated cr@p

• Sssss8 months agoReport

If they're overrated, who would be worthy of their place then? You???

justin biber

I like Queen a lot and they were influential but nowhere near the phenomenon that was The Beatles. There can be no "best" when it comes to the arts though, it's not a competition. But if you wanted to say who had a bigger impact on modern culture or on music, the answer would clearly be The Beatles.