Dan asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 9 months ago

Whats the best chemicals to use when powerwashing a driveway?

Depending on the drainage I've always used a pump sprayer with a 50/50 solution of bleach and water. Spray down the driveway with the bleach/water let stand for 20 minutes then wash it off with the pressure washer. It kills all the green molds growing and makes the concrete look good as new

Source(s): Remodeling old houses since I was 10. Best carpenters around to teach me old school tricks!

Just a powerwasher

Normally the advantage of a power washer is that no chemicals are normally needed. Also remember that chemicals will kill any grass or plants that come into contact with water with harsh chemicals. Also remember that a strong power washer can scar the surface of concrete.

Natural as a lot of chemcials can't legally be washed into storm drains, and powerwashing just usually consist of water as the pressure will get rid of the grime.

Rent a surface washer...power wash contained in a circular pattern...NO CHEMICALS NEEDED.

I don't use chemicals at all. Washing it with water is all it needs. No poison running down the road, in the sewer or in your soil.

The "best chemicals" is no chemicals at all. Plus, power washing would destroy my gravel or cobblestone driveways in short order.

tide soap... but more depends on WHAT IS IT YOU NEED TO WASH OFF OF IT...

degreaser ... butt only in the areas where you see oil/grease/tranny fluid that has dripped from cars. I use a separate sprayer to apply and only water in my power washer

rust remover ... again, only where needed.

Source(s): grampa

Dihydrogen Monoxide, aka H2O, aka water.