Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 months ago

I'm 14, my parents wont let me watch 12+?

My friends are allowed to watch 15+, once I watched a 15+ movie with my friend and I was okay!

My 8 year old cousin asked me if she could watch "Victorious" on my iPad while I was babysitting her, I said yes she could, but she couldn't because Netflix gave it a 12+ which is locked down on my iPad.

I understand that it's my parent's decision etc but these rules have humiliated me lots of times, I also really want to see what "Victorious" is my cousin and her friends say it's really good and my other cousin who is 16 laughs at me.

How do I prove to them I'm mature enough?

• ricky

Think about this, you are wanting to grow up fast, and you will grow up. All these things you yearn for now are coming your way. Lucky to have such concerned parents, where many children do not. Let life come to you in its proper time. Do this, and you are indeed maturing. I seemed to have grown up much quicker than I wanted to. Suddenly, I’m 67 years old. I’m about as happy now, as I have ever been. Other than knowing my time is running out. I think the Trick in life, is to feel happy like I do, but at your age. So whether you can convince your parents or not, the trick is to be happy. Good luck!

You are mature enough, but obviously you need to speak to your parents that you really want to watch victorious and invite them to watch it with you, so they can see there's nothing wrong with it. Believe me, I had to swallow that show every single day with my younger half sister. Is a good show, surprising. Anyway, talk to your parents about how you feel. If they say no, you can always find books to read.

The answer is staring you in the face. Just ask your parents to watch it with you.

In just 4 years you can watch whatever you want.....hang in there.