Genetic rib deformities? Any one have ideas of what it could be?

I've always had my rib cage stick out more on my left hand side as the 7th (i think) rib overlaps the one below it/the one below is tucked under the 7th but I only just found out that my mum suffers from it too but on her right side, it causes us both pain but the doctors don't know what it is so just say... show more I've always had my rib cage stick out more on my left hand side as the 7th (i think) rib overlaps the one below it/the one below is tucked under the 7th but I only just found out that my mum suffers from it too but on her right side, it causes us both pain but the doctors don't know what it is so just say "you have weak muscles so exercise that area" which has done bugger all. Anyone have an idea on what it could be? It may be a coincidence but it's strange so could be genetic.
1 answer 1