Do I have to repay Army ROTC scholarship or enlist if I drop as a junior? could I join after I graduate?

I was wondering since I joined Army ROTC last semester as a sophomore (was considered an MS1) and received and signed my contract this year as a junior (now considered MS3 because of basic camp) that if I were to drop the program now if I would have to payback or enlist? I know that's normally the case but I... show more I was wondering since I joined Army ROTC last semester as a sophomore (was considered an MS1) and received and signed my contract this year as a junior (now considered MS3 because of basic camp) that if I were to drop the program now if I would have to payback or enlist? I know that's normally the case but I read that if you drop within the first year of signing you don't have to repay but not sure if that's the case since I am a junior. I am a nursing major and love the people in ROTC but I just feel like I am spreading myself too thin since I still feel behind bc I joined late and feel like I don't have the time to learn everything to be successful as an MS3 with being in nursing school. Honestly, it would be better if I join after I graduate and get my degree so I could focus on my major for now and was wondering if that was possible or not as well. hope this all makes sense!
1 answer 1