What type of alcohol gives you the BEST buzz?

So, I am a younger guy, (25) and have always been an avid whiskey drinker. I d love consuming my bourbon. The thing is, I recently spoke to a friend of mine who suggested I switch over from whiskey to gin or tequila. (NOTE: As much as I love whiskey, it does tend to give me headaches and make me feel like crap the... show more So, I am a younger guy, (25) and have always been an avid whiskey drinker. I d love consuming my bourbon. The thing is, I recently spoke to a friend of mine who suggested I switch over from whiskey to gin or tequila. (NOTE: As much as I love whiskey, it does tend to give me headaches and make me feel like crap the next day. I never chug it or even mix it. I prefer it neat. I enjoy appreciating it. Regardless, I heard it is a downer. It doesn t necessarily make me feel upbeat and happy. My friend mentioned how he used to adore bourbon and made the switch to gin...now that is all he drinks, with the occasional tequila. He argues these clear spirits, especially gin is more refreshing and makes you feel great, as opposed to bringing you down like whiskey. What do you guys think? Is there a specific type of alcohol that truly makes you FEEL happy, talkative, confident or even relaxed? More social? A nice buzz?
5 answers 5