How is my fish still alive??

In September, we went to the State Fair in Colorado. I managed to win a little goldfish. I was excited, even though I knew it would die in a few days. So we made sure to put it with our other fish (non of the others were goldfish). The next day, one of the fish was gone. This kept happening until the only one left... show more In September, we went to the State Fair in Colorado. I managed to win a little goldfish. I was excited, even though I knew it would die in a few days. So we made sure to put it with our other fish (non of the others were goldfish). The next day, one of the fish was gone. This kept happening until the only one left was:

The goldfish.

That damn carnival goldfish.

It's now March, and he's still alive. We sometimes got another fish, but the goldfish just ate it.

He's a lonely cannibal.

Is he actually a goldfish? How is he still alive?
Update: Okay, since ya'll are mad about the "cannibal" part, here's why I call him that. It's sort of a running joke in my family. The only reason I asked this is that my little brothers and I were messing around on my computer and we were talking about the "cannibal goldfish". This... show more Okay, since ya'll are mad about the "cannibal" part, here's why I call him that. It's sort of a running joke in my family. The only reason I asked this is that my little brothers and I were messing around on my computer and we were talking about the "cannibal goldfish". This question was mostly asked by them, not me. That doesn't mean I'm trolling, I just asked it because Derrek thought it was funny. So please, don't even bother answering this. It wasn't meant to be an actual question.