Alpine alarm siren removal, can I tie together the bare wires?

I recently purchased a used 1991 Acura Integra. I had no idea there was an alarm installed until the battery drained and the alarm started going off. I didn't receive the 'clicker' so I had to resort to physically removing the siren, leaving 2 wires. Afterwards I lost my emergency flashers. Can I... show more I recently purchased a used 1991 Acura Integra. I had no idea there was an alarm installed until the battery drained and the alarm started going off. I didn't receive the 'clicker' so I had to resort to physically removing the siren, leaving 2 wires. Afterwards I lost my emergency flashers.

Can I just twist the 2 wires together to get my flashers back, or are they receiving a "powered current" that by splicing I may create a fire hazard? Speakers need a "powered current" (coming from a power amplifier) so splicing 100 watts of power may get hot quick--- while if the siren has the "power amp" splicing before the siren shouldn't be a problem?

Hope I'm making sense, I know I can get a new clicker, but it's a 1991... Why pay for an alarm system that would be the most expensive thing in the car???