AT&T Grandfathered plan vs ISP?

I assume you already know what the "AT&T Grandfathered plan" is if you're looking at this question. AT&T is a pretty great plan, but it tends to dip around the afternoon time where I live, so I considered getting service through an ISP. But I thought more about the AT&T plan and... show more I assume you already know what the "AT&T Grandfathered plan" is if you're looking at this question.

AT&T is a pretty great plan, but it tends to dip around the afternoon time where I live, so I considered getting service through an ISP. But I thought more about the AT&T plan and wondered...maybe the hotspot just isn't very powerful? I know there are some routers/modems out there that can run on SIM cards (If they all don't already, I don't know how that stuff works) so if I bought a powerful router/modem, would it solve my dipping problem?

Also, which is more powerful? A router or a modem? (Do note that I DO understand that I would lose the mobility of the plan if I put it in one of those, that's understood)
1 answer 1