Peeling potatos...who, what, why, if, when, where and notwithstanding?

I have always peeled the potatos the traditional way with a sharp knife and go round and round and remove the peel in one long strand. It has come to my attention that there are some inventions and devices available for peeling potatos, have you heard about this? Is it real or gimmick? Does autopeel really work? Is... show more I have always peeled the potatos the traditional way with a sharp knife and go round and round and remove the peel in one long strand.
It has come to my attention that there are some inventions and devices available for peeling potatos, have you heard about this? Is it real or gimmick? Does autopeel really work? Is there an app I can get on my phone to peel potatos?
Some hardliners left over from the Cold War may advise not to peel at all but just to cook them fully clothed, is that a thing?
And what is your preferred option?