Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 year ago

Autism caused by poor parenting?

So, I was at Target yesterday, and walking through the toy aisle, I saw a father and his son looking at toys. The father was letting his son pick out a toy, but here's the thing: That "son" was not a toddler, not a young kid, not a teen, but a young man. I decided to go up to the dad and ask him a few questions. I asked him how old his son was, and he said he was 20 years old with autism. During our conversation, he said his son loves Disney and he was letting him pick out a toy for him to buy because he was well-behaved last week. First of all, a 20 year old is too grown up to be having his parents buy toys for him, as well as playing with toys himself. People his age should be making their own money and buying things themselves. Second, autism is not a "disease." It's simply behavior caused by poor parenting. Seriously, this dad I saw is obviously "babying" his son and not getting tough on him to make him an "adult." If I were a parent, I would show tough love and evict my child from my home once he/she turns 18, and refuse to support him/her any longer. Come on, I mean, no parent lives for eternity to help their children, and being hard on them by refusing support isn't abusive, it's tough love, they'll eventually find their way on their own. Parents of children with autism need to stop being so sensitive and toughen up. Once again, autism is NOT an illness, it is poor parenting. Buying toys for a 20 year old who has a childish interest is unacceptable.

Who's in with me?

1 year ago

Today's winner for "Most Malicious Lying Troll." Go see a shrink about your confrontational fetish.

1 year ago

Are you a goddamed tweaker? Where is your ******* sympathy? Autism IS A DISEASE it's not a choice it's not a lifestyle, you make me sick. You are a pathetic insensitive horrible person. YOU ARE PATHETIC

• 1 year ago

Autism is caused by vaccines. Why do you think so may Americans suddenly became stupid and fat?

• you smoke? you smoke crack?

• Nathan
    1 year ago

What are you asking?

• 1 year ago

Only a complete idiot would believe that autism is the result of poor parenting.. But then again with all the Trump butt munching here I can't say I am surprised..

Learn how to read, comprehend and pick up a book on autism sometime

• GiGi
      1 year agoReport

Just so you know Trump's son Barron is probably on the spectrum, so Trumpster's aren't going to diss anything about autism.

• Lita
    1 year ago

Poor parenting doesn't cause autism but it might be the excuse for your idiotic trolling.

• 1 year ago

no you're born with it

• Ilysa1 year agoReport

Maybe it's maybelline though. Sorry I couldn't resist the joke, but for real this entire "question" is ridiculous

• helene
    1 year ago

Do you have a question?

• 1 year ago

Stiop