Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

Why can't I choose nonexistence when this life is over? Why does it HAVE to be Heaven or Hell?

I don't want a relationship with God. I just simply want to live my own life on Earth and then vanish from existence.

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Dear it is certain you are going somewhere and that is one of two places. Heaven or Hell, it is in this life that you (YOU) make the choice. No choice is a choice. You learned how to walk, talk and eat. It doesn't make sense living an eternity wishing you had sought out the truth. Holy Bible start with the New Testament. Hope to meet you on the right side. You are all alone on the other. Ugh. Google Dr. Victor Azecof.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because you didn't create yourself , God who made you sent you here on a quest to do good on Earth and worship him alone. And as a reward he'll give you an eternal life in tons of joy and pleasure. It's your life(that was given to you) you have the choice and will face the consequences . And be sure if you truly wants God to guide you, He shall! Just don't be too arrogant to believe when he sends you the signs

• 9 months ago

Because that's the best way to get people to convert and "make a decision" is the sense of urgency.. That's one way to tell that it's man made BS.

• 9 months ago

it doesn't have to be heaven or hell. There are other glorious resurrections that offer their appropriate rewards in the eternities, e.g., the Terrestrial resurrection. Like it or not, however, our spirits are immortal, and there ARE consequences to what we do, temporal and eternal. You can't escape eternal laws, dear one.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

We always existed , and will remain so .

• 9 months ago

sorry not the way it works you have made your choice of hell so enjoy

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Good news, that's almost certainly what happens.

• SOJ
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

Well thats just not the reality of it. And the reason you want it that way is because you want to enjoy sin without consequence. Learn to hate sin.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You can.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You have my permission to choose nonexistence after death. The only thing I ask is that you back up your choice with logic supported by research. Have answers for those people who use near-death experiences to support a post-life existence. Have answers for people who cite the University of Virginia Medical School researchers like Dr. Ian Stevenson and Dr. Jim Tucker who have done exhaustive work on reincarnation. Have answers for people who claim that quantum physics suggests the consciousness is an integral part of the equation for reality.

• 9 months ago

"Why can't I choose nonexistence when this life is over?"

Because, as far as we can objectively determine, we just cease to exist, and have no other options to make it a choice.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.