Amazon have just given me 30 days free Amazon Prime, after the 30 days do I have to cancel or does it just end as don't wanna be charged!?

Update:

And if I do have to cancel how do I cancel it as I can't find it, thanks

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

I accidentally found I'd signed for the 30 days free Prime, and have been a Prime member for a couple of years now and was never charged for it to this day. A fluke, I suppose, but I'm glad of it. As the wise man said, "Never give a sucker an even break and never pass up a freeby.

• 9 months ago

cancelling is optional like every subscribtion

• 9 months ago

They won't cancel it automatically. They will BILL you automatically, though.

• Neil
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If you do not cancel it, you will be charged after the 30 day free period ends.

However you can go to your Prime Account settings, and change it to not renew now. It will still last 30 days. You do not have to wait until the end of the 30 days to cancel the paid renewal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

They’ll charge you if you don’t cancel it, just like most online subscription services do. They expect you to either sign up for the trial and love it so much you don’t want to cancel it, or forget you signed up for their free trial and once it’s over they’ll start charging you for it until you remember you subscribed to them.

• 9 months ago

Amazon will give you 30 free days of Amazon prime and if you don't cancel they will start charging you they will not automatically cancel it the whole idea is to get to be able to charge you. Half of everybody that signs up for it forgets that they signed up for it and doesn't cancel and gets charged for at least a month before they turn around and cancel it

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

even if you cancel now you might be charged...they are ruthless

• 9 months ago

When you sign up for the trial, they'll ask for your payment info so that they can start charging you after the trial is up (and to charge for whatever you buy). In the fine print that most people never read but still accept, it says that they will charge you after the trial is up and that you can cancel anytime before the trial is up.

• marty
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You'll need to cancel otherwise they'll automatically start charging.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

on no, they are banking on you just to let it continue, they'll make cancelling it as difficult as possible within the law ................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.