Is checking DVDs in a Charity shop bad?

I'm a big buyer of film/TV and I like Charity shops because you can find really rare DVDs and books there, at good prices and of course I like giving to charity. Books I know are OK, only bad thing that could be wrong with them is pages missing or graffiti. However is it bad to check all the discs in a DVD... show more I'm a big buyer of film/TV and I like Charity shops because you can find really rare DVDs and books there, at good prices and of course I like giving to charity.

Books I know are OK, only bad thing that could be wrong with them is pages missing or graffiti.

However is it bad to check all the discs in a DVD boxset before purchasing from a Charity shop?

I have had some bad experiences sometimes, for instance I bought the Lethal Weapon movie boxset with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover and Lethal Weapon 2 disc was missing.

Is it rude to check discs at such shops? It was a £10 boxset I was buying