True/False - It's old-fashioned to assume foundation is suppose to make you look more tan and interchangeable with a bronzing cream?

Both my mother and the manager at a clothing store call foundation for bronzing cream. I don't judge other but I find it a bit amusing when older women insist foundation is suppose to make you more "bronzed" (which I assumed when I was a teenager). Sometimes I try to correct them and say politely you... show more Both my mother and the manager at a clothing store call foundation for bronzing cream. I don't judge other but I find it a bit amusing when older women insist foundation is suppose to make you more "bronzed" (which I assumed when I was a teenager). Sometimes I try to correct them and say politely you use sun lotion for that purpose, but they are so assertive and look down on me because I'm younger.

Old-fashioned I don't mean degrading, I just find it a bit "old way" to call it. (Old people always seems to believe they are right).
Update: I didn't mean that all older people believe it, just that some people refuse to let go of that concept and look down at you because you are younger. I'm 30 so I'm not super young!