Is my goldfish dying?

The tank is oxygenated, but he keeps coming up to the surface of the water and gasping for air. He swims relatively normally, but he stared spasming wildly and erratically darting around the tank before suddenly stopping. His companion passed recently-- I m wondering if something happened. Note, this is not my... show more The tank is oxygenated, but he keeps coming up to the surface of the water and gasping for air. He swims relatively normally, but he stared spasming wildly and erratically darting around the tank before suddenly stopping. His companion passed recently-- I m wondering if something happened.

Note, this is not my actual pet goldfish, it s the goldfish in my school s bio room, so I can t really do anything... but I have an emotional attachment and I want to brace myself if something happens to him. :(