Is it disrespectful of a guy to joke about a girl getting older?

I was in online correspondence with a guy from overseas for years. He would often comment on my weight, telling me to lose weight and get slim. I don't think I was ever that overweight anyway. But he kept bringing it up, everytime I turned on the webcam for chat, it was the first thing he would say. Once,... show more I was in online correspondence with a guy from overseas for years.

He would often comment on my weight, telling me to lose weight and get slim. I don't think I was ever that overweight anyway. But he kept bringing it up, everytime I turned on the webcam for chat, it was the first thing he would say.

Once, when I was 26 years old, I turned on the webcam. The first thing he said was: "you're getting old, lol. Lose your weight"

Then when I turned 30, I told him that I've seen some erotic films. He said: "oh, so you are old hooker, lol"

He insisted he was only joking, but I can't help detect ignorance and cluelesness from him. He was not the man I wanted in my life.

There is a unspoken rule not to joke to a woman about their age or weight. Not many females enjoy getting older, and it's foolish and clueless for a guy to joke about it. It's like schoolboy behaviour.

I stopped contact with him a month ago.