Why are men forced to pay child support?

I’m a woman, and this is more for those who are pro-choice because I don’t understand the concept or hypocrisy of the women who support abortions because they don’t believe women should be forced to have a kid, but support men being forced to pay child support when they didn’t want a kid from the get go. If you... show more I’m a woman, and this is more for those who are pro-choice because I don’t understand the concept or hypocrisy of the women who support abortions because they don’t believe women should be forced to have a kid, but support men being forced to pay child support when they didn’t want a kid from the get go. If you believe women shouldn’t be forced to be a parent, why do you think it’s right to force a man to be one?
Update: The situation is different if he decided suddenly to not want to be a dad when previously stating he did; I’m talking about men who didn’t want the kid in the first place and the woman decided to have it anyways
Update 2: Why do people keep commenting it “takes two to tango”? This question, as stated clearly, is primarily for people or women that are pro-choice and think one is okay while the other isn’t