Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 year ago

What do you think about celebrities bringing gender politics into play regarding their films?

As we saw with Brie Larson’s anti white male diatribe.

1 year ago

I'm really tired of seeing Hollywood force their political views down my throat. They are paid billions to play dress up, so how would they know how the world works? It's funny how they always criticize Trump for his behavior and arrogance yet they act just like him. Plus they used to worship him when he was a celebrity just like them. It's really turning into a politically correct society and it is only getting worse.

• Nathan
      1 year agoReport

Sandra is right. Actors make billions to play dress up. There is no dispute about this.

• 1 year ago

They have a right to their opinion like everyone else

• Megumi
    1 year ago

I boycott such movies.

• 1 year ago

I don't care, everyone is entitled to an opinion

• Megumi
      1 year agoReport

Everyone should keep his opinion to himself.

• 1 year ago

For me it usually destroys the movie. They care more about politics than the actual movie. I hate when ppl bash innocent movies for making a character a woman when it's not about politics. The producer just wanted a female character, usually ppl who complain about it love to use forced/down/throat but then there are some movies that do it on purpose. The movie is meh then. My reaction isn't that serious cause I don't watch much movies. But what can I do, reedom of speech...

• 1 year ago

Firstly, Brie didn’t say that. Secondly, I think they have a right to. Life is political, you can’t really avoid it.

• 1 year ago

I do not care. I go see actors for their work, not their off stage/screen comments.

• Megumi
      1 year agoReport

I boycott anyone who makes offensive remarks. Your attitude is overly-simplified.

• GEEGEE
    1 year ago

They can showcase whatever politics they want to, and people will watch want interests them. Or Not.

• Taylor
    1 year ago

It turns me off that movie. There are many examples of strong female actors who just do a great job without the need to drag in gender politics. I prefer those.

• Elana
    1 year ago

The market speaks. Usually, it doesn't help, but actually hinders movie sales.