Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 months ago

Person A asks if person B wants to go out for dinner (this is as friends!) in front of you but they dont ask you, is this rude?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Aga
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes, it's rude.

To be the third person would feel bad and good manners are all about ensuring that people feel as comfortable as possible

• Me
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

It is rude. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I make a point not to talk about things in front of people who are not invited. It is common courtesy.

• 9 months ago

yes it is rude--it is very easy today to text someone and ask them to dinner--without upsetting someone in the process. a lot of young people today have no consideration of others--possibly due to the facebook effect--where everyone is excluding others on a daily basis--without a second thought, all in the quest to be the "most popular one around".

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Nothing wrong with "Jimmy doesn't play banjo so lets' not bore him with banjo talk. Let's discuss this over lunch tomorrow."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lita
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Yes, it is.

• 9 months ago

Not really.

• 9 months ago

If you have to ask whether a thing is rude or not, it's not. Rudeness is subjective.

• 9 months ago

definitely and i hate it when people do that to nne, next tinne i hear that i nnight ask thenn if i can go with thenn

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes it's rude. Such a question should be in a private conversation one on one.

• 9 months ago

Depends on the situation. No do not have enough information to guess if this was or was not rude.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.