How much freedom should teens have?

(Teenage girl). My parents complain that I don’t do things, but they mean things they want. Some examples; my friend is an (asexual) guy, and we don’t “like” each other. We’re homeschooled so we don’t get to see each other. If I want to go to his house, his (single) mom has to be home, who works like 6 days a week.... show more (Teenage girl). My parents complain that I don’t do things, but they mean things they want. Some examples; my friend is an (asexual) guy, and we don’t “like” each other. We’re homeschooled so we don’t get to see each other. If I want to go to his house, his (single) mom has to be home, who works like 6 days a week. Only allowed in the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. If I want him to come to my house, my mom has to be home and we’re allowed downstairs and outside. I live in the middle of nowhere so there’s nowhere to go. What we would do is play video games or watch netflix, and those things are upstairs. I’ve asked to do things, (go to park w/ friends, movies, to eat) and they say no or we need to plan ahead, and they never know what they’re doing or when they’ll be home, so I can’t. They force me to go places 4 hours away (that I hate) or my other choice is my grandmothers. I need to do 1 or 2 of these things; go to youth group at a church (I don’t like it and barely anyone I like goes), go to church (wearing clothes I hate), watch church on TV on Sundays. I don’t enjoy listening to “Christians” complain about other people all day. Like lgbt+ etc. I also am not supposed to listen to music that swears, and they don’t like me watching things like The Walking Dead, Supernatural, etc. What do you think? What would you do if you were me/my parents/friends?
25 answers 25