I read through my younger sister's/niece's journal and now I'm slightly worried?

My sister/niece is only 12 years old, i'm technically her aunt but my parents adopted her from my older sister. I know it was wrong to read through her journal, but lately, the way she's been acting has me worried that she's depressed. When I look through her journal I see her drawings of slitting her... show more My sister/niece is only 12 years old, i'm technically her aunt but my parents adopted her from my older sister. I know it was wrong to read through her journal, but lately, the way she's been acting has me worried that she's depressed. When I look through her journal I see her drawings of slitting her wrist and writing things about death/dying and how insecure she feels. I came across stuff about her questioning if she likes girls and her writing stories about gay sex. I just feel like she's so young to be thinking about sex right now in general, but I guess she's in that age group where puberty begins...I'm just really worried. She doesn't talk to anyone about these things and she keeps EVERYTHING to herself. She's quiet and barely talks to anyone at all. I feel like if I was to say something to my mom then I'd just be ruining her trust. I wasn't even going to bring up that I read it at all, but I'm seriously concerned. She's been through a lot with her mom and dad not really being in the picture and I just wonder if that probably has something to do with it. Idk what to do, I probably should've never read it to begin with.