Did anyone else take introduction to physical science in the 8th grade. Was it crazy hard for you too?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

For me, 8th grade was in the year 1979 (in the USA). I recall a general science class where we actually had to dissect a frog. That part was so disgustingly memorable that I forget what most of the rest of the class was about. I think it involved general biology, maybe geology, maybe some solar system stuff.

Having said that, I just looked up what is involved today in an 8th grade physical science class. It looks like you teenagers are getting tossed into chemistry and physics topics. All I can say is "wow". I think that material is, frankly, too much for kids who basically just got out of elementary school. Yet that's the trend these days ~ to push what used to be higher-grade material at younger students.

I didn't see chemistry and physics classes until I was in 11th grade. I was and remain strong in math skills, so those classes didn't bother me too much. Other students without that math strength struggled though. I can only imagine how it feels to be taking such a class while still learning algebra.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.