Did anyone else take introduction to physical science in the 8th grade. Was it crazy hard for you too?

For me, 8th grade was in the year 1979 (in the USA). I recall a general science class where we actually had to dissect a frog. That part was so disgustingly memorable that I forget what most of the rest of the class was about. I think it involved general biology, maybe geology, maybe some solar system stuff.

Having said that, I just looked up what is involved today in an 8th grade physical science class. It looks like you teenagers are getting tossed into chemistry and physics topics. All I can say is "wow". I think that material is, frankly, too much for kids who basically just got out of elementary school. Yet that's the trend these days ~ to push what used to be higher-grade material at younger students.

I didn't see chemistry and physics classes until I was in 11th grade. I was and remain strong in math skills, so those classes didn't bother me too much. Other students without that math strength struggled though. I can only imagine how it feels to be taking such a class while still learning algebra.