How reliable are copper plumbing fixtures that bite down rather than sweat?

Have Plumbing experience but just wondering someone s opinion on the multi turn valves for half inch copper pipes that bite down rather than sweating them on. I prefer just to cut off the Bad Valves and replace with this type rather than getting involve sweating them on. I usually attempt to place the valve stem... show more Have Plumbing experience but just wondering someone s opinion on the multi turn valves for half inch copper pipes that bite down rather than sweating them on. I prefer just to cut off the Bad Valves and replace with this type rather than getting involve sweating them on. I usually attempt to place the valve stem first but can t always match the brand with the one that s sold over the counter so I may have to replace the whole valve. So the question is are the ones that bite down reliable and safe? I did use them once before.