A client asked me to make them a table that folds down on the wall when not in use. Wall wont hold table, wants partial refund.?

So, I make a small custom table with cantilever style folding brackets that work perfectly. I mount it to the wall as I would a tv, anchors and screws, everything seems fine. She calls a few weeks later, brackets became lose and not holding properly. I go back, reinstall with more substantial drywall anchors.... show more So, I make a small custom table with cantilever style folding brackets that work perfectly. I mount it to the wall as I would a tv, anchors and screws, everything seems fine. She calls a few weeks later, brackets became lose and not holding properly. I go back, reinstall with more substantial drywall anchors. Feels nice and firm, a month or so later, table fell from wall.

I have used all commercial grade parts, table weighs no more than 15lbs and the brackets are rated at hundreds of lbs and the anchors are rated at 80lbs each.

Her brother, who is a contractor came to inspect and as per his words...the wall not hold anything and just crumbles when weight is put against the anchors.

Meanwhile, before we started the job she informed me that she has a lot of furniture hanging on other walls and they are all strong enough to hold weight.

So far I have made 3 trips to her apartment, 1st time to measure, (each trip takes about 1hr each way and $25 tolls (NYC), plus parking.) 2nd trip to install & 3rd trip to re-install. Figure each trip, with tolls, gas & parking is about $50, before you add the 6 hrs of driving back and fourth.

Now she wants a refund or partial refund because "she didn t get what she wanted"

I don t know what to say or offer, I only charged her $750 for the entire job, including all the measuring, trips to and from nyc, fabrication of a custom table, purchase and install of folding brackets. I am at my whits end with her.

Please advise. Thanks