How do I tell my parents I need new glasses?

My name is Nicola, I'm 13 years old I would really appreciate if you could help me out. So last year my parents took me to the optometrist because I started to struggle reading the board from the back row. At first they told me to just sit closer but I eventually asked my therapist, a source for most of my... show more My name is Nicola, I'm 13 years old I would really appreciate if you could help me out.

So last year my parents took me to the optometrist because I started to struggle reading the board from the back row. At first they told me to just sit closer but I eventually asked my therapist, a source for most of my advice, and she had a chat with them and they took me to the optometrist.

Now, about 5 months later, I struggle to see the board WITH my glasses and I think I need new ones, I also hate my current frames so I would like to get new ones for that as well. The only problem is, how to ask my parents. I have subtly hinted that I need new glasses but my parents' responses have merely been somewhere along the lines of "Oh, you just need to wear your glasses more" and "But we tested them only 5 months ago". Also my therapist tells me I should just tell them that I need new glasses but I feel really awkward, they sometimes seem to be in denial that I need glasses. Sorry about all this rambling but I'm also afraid that when I get to the optometrist, they will say I don't need new glasses and that would be super awkward even though I DO!

Please help!
-Nicola <3

P.S. In case you're wondering I currently have Ray Ban junior glasses... I know, super childish. What I really do want to get though are the Vogue vo5030 ones.

Anyhoo please help!