Can I use white duct tape to patch up rust spots inside my microwave? Thank you.?

1 year ago

But what's the rust doing so horribly? If there's rust, there's definitely a reason for it. Instead of using duct tape to patch up rust spots, figure out what's causing the rust issue, and research what's next. I'd be happy to respond more to any questions you have.

• Steven
    1 year ago

Enamel Paint can work for it.

• 1 year ago

No

• hart
    1 year ago

the glue will soften

• Linda
    1 year ago

Toss it in the dump and buy a new one...........then, CLEAN it out every time you use it.

• 1 year ago

Rust is the name given to metal as it oxidises. This process caused the metal to weaken and eventual fall to pieces. It cannot be repaired. It needs replacing.

Get rid of it, its dangerous.

• 1 year ago

If you HAVE rust in the cooking area of a microwave, it is time to REPLACE the microwave.

• 1 year ago

As long as it's just surface rust, it's not a problem. This often occurs where the rollers run under the tray. Just clean the rust off, for instance with wire wool, wipe all traces of it (and wire) away and paint with an enamel paint. You can get little pots of this, and brushes, from modelling places.

Don't use tape, that can curl up, melt or even catch fire.

1 year ago

No, sorry it will melt or catch on fire even. Try paint or something. I'm sure you can find plenty of tricks on Youtube. As long as the rust hasn't reached to the outside of the microwave, you don't have to worry about radiation or anything though.

1 year ago

if you don't mind glowing-in-the-dark .........................................