promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

is it weak to accept help when you're struggling in life?

i have severe mental struggle with anger, paranoia and borderline personality disorder and i think sometimes people can see these struggles and want to help me or get involved with me and help...and then i feel angry because i role myself on a strong medieval knight like sir lancelot, who must be strong to the end and not accept any help from anyone because thats weak.

im a man aged 41 who has faced severe adversities in life and think i must go it alone and no matter how bad i struggle must not ever give in or accept help or sympathy/empathy from people, because it's weak.

what do you think of this?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

It's weak not to seek help. We seek help all the time -- help from stores and restaurants to feed house, builders to house us, police officers to protect us, employers to treat us fairly, etc. We all rely on others. It's the nature of existence. The fact that you're struggling doesn't make you weak, but the fact that you're putting your fear of looking weak ahead of doing what you need to make yourself stronger is weak! Sir Lancelot sought the comfort and the advice of the Knights of the Round Table. That's what they had for therapy back then!

• 1 year ago

Every single person on EARTH, needs help at some point!!!!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

It's weak to let your pride, or any other self-centred and wrongful feeling, hold you back from the correct course of action.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

So, you are not going to have kids. Who cares if you are weak? I don't care. Nobody else cares. You are no shiny knight on a stead...GROW UP. Go see a F#CKING SHRINK for petes sake. Lancelot is FICTION, moron.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ron
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

It's okay to accept help, but after you feel better pass the help on to another.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.