Hollow wall anchor dry wall?

I’m looking to put a tv on my wall however it’s plasterboard with no studs behind it, I’ve purchxha Hollow wall anchors which will take and support the weight, however when I’ve drilled the holes and hammered the anchors in to the wall the teeth are turning with the screw when I’m tightening to expand the anchor behind. It’s damage the wall and making the hole wider than the size of the front of the plug. What could be causing it to break down this easy?

You need to grip the part against the wall with pliers so that it cant turn, then tighten the screw. you could also try a drop of oil on the screw, its probably too tight a fit and is binding. Otherwise drill a bigger hole and try these fixings https://www.gripitfixings.co.uk (wickes have them) or get an expanding tool. Dont make the hole oversize.

• Edwena

Sounds like the bolt is not secure and the weight of the TV could pull the anchor out of the wall. Buy some toggle bolts. They will make a bigger hole, but you can easily repair it when the time comes.

Don't even try. You'll ruin your TV, and someone is likely to get badly injured.

Even if your wall is 50 years old, there ARE studs.

Lath and plaster walls had studs, just not as many.

That said, there is NO SUCH THING as a hollow wall anchor that can be trusted to hold a TV.

If you can't find the studs, you need to BUILD studs to support the TV.

there are studs..there has to be. its how all walls start out The plaster board is nailed to something you know.

In fact there are even laws about how far apart the studs have to be.

I just had a tv installed in an older home and it took longer to find the damn studs than it did to hang the wall mount. A tv of any size will not be safe to hang in just plaster board.

• Liam11 months agoReport

The studs are located on the far sides of the walls I have a detector. Tvs can be mounted in to plasterboard, I have one fastened in the spare room on the wall, it’s been up for 3 months and the wall is still standing.

• paul h

The best anchors to use are called Snap Toggle or similar designs. They allow you to tighten the bolt holding the mounting bracket without turning/twisting/damaging the drywall much better than other designs. The only ones I use in mounting TV's ...found at most home centers.

https://removeandreplace.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

https://www.wikihow.com/Mount-a-Flat-Screen-TV-on-...

• y

type of anchors please

• Liam11 months agoReport

EASYFIX SELF-DRILLING HOLLOW WALL ANCHORS M4 X 70