Just a quick question about a PC stored in an attic for a long time. I will post the question down as an answer.?

• Joe
    Favorite Answer

It would not hurt to let it get up to room temperature before you power it up. Not a bad idea to take the cover off and blow / vacuum out some of the dust, as well.

• Christopher12 months agoReport

Hello! I got it out and opened it up. It actually wasn't nearly as dusty as I expected but still needed cleaning. After that I powered it up and it did power on but, the hard drive must of died because its clicking constantly and not being detected. But thanks for your help!! :)

Start by opening the case and blowing out all of the dust with canned air. Let it come to room temperature, and turn it on with the case off so that you can see if the fans are all working. If not, turn it off and replace the bad fans.

• kelvin

i would have it looked at by a pro

• LAN

Blow out all the dust that has doubtless accumulated in it and learn how to use the "details" button when posting a question.

Also learn to keep posts about computers in the section on computers instead of moving it into the section dealing with Yahoo answers.

Just a quick question. I have a old desktop computer that has been stored in my attic for 15+ years. Just wondered when I get it down for the first time in a very long time if there is anything I need to do. Like do I need to let it go to room temperature before I power it up. Thanks!