Annie
Annie asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 11 months ago

I had gall bladder removal in Nov. Since, I have diarrhea frequently. Anything OTC that can help? I have tried probiotics & use immodium.?

• k w
    Favorite Answer

amazon sells stuff for that......gall bladder surgery gives you all kinds of misery.....sucks man.....

• Annie

It IS miserable, isn't it? I take immodium all the time! Still not as bad as when my gallbladder needed removing.

• Marc

Talk to your doctor or nutritionist. You are probably eating foods too high in fat

I use Ox Bile

• Annie

I looked this up on Amazon and it had wonderful reviews. Will be ordering. Thanks very much.

• TedEx

There is obviously something else going on, See your doc,

• y

One should not have that impact, something else is going on.

Are you sticking with your prescribed diet...?

Because if you aren't on the diet you're supposed to be on without a gallbladder then you'll want to correct that to get rid of most of the diarrhea.

• Andy C

Try a normal diet. Not now normal but normal for the last couple thousand years.

Your diet lacks fiber and your body needs both insoluble and soluble fiber while fiber supplements are only one type of soluble fiber.

Whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits are all high in fiber and you need to experiment with how much works for you.

A hundred thousand years ago, our diet contained between 50-100g of fiber per day. The USDA allotment doesn't mean squat.

• Mark

Not really. People who have their gallbladders removed often have "the mushies". Such is life for people who are "fair, fat, and forty".

Laxatives and a good diet?

• Annie

Thanks, but laxatives would cause even looser stools.