Holden asked in SportsRunning · 1 year ago

What are the best running shoes you have owned?

I've owned about 5 pairs of running shoes and my worst experience has come with nike. My favorite is the mizuno wave rider 22, what are yours?

Shoes that can handle from a 5k to 15k is what I need

• .
    1 year ago

Everyone's feet are different. I pronate so the experts at my local running store put me in Brooks Ravenna's and I really liked them. I think I had pairs from models 5 - 9. I developed plantar fasciitis last Summer though, so tried Brooks Adrenaline's. They didn't make enough difference to allow me to run while healing, but late in the year I bought a pair of Hoka One One's Gaviota shoes and I've been running in them since around Thanksgiving (I think). No PF pain at all with these shoes, although overall I think my PF is just about gone (only a minor twinge now and then).

• Mr. Mann1 year agoReport

Kunta Kinte brand.

• 1 year ago

ON Clouds Running shoes. Love it!! Great stability and balance. Highly recommended by some marathon runners.

• Adam D
    1 year ago

From what I can tell, Nike shoes are either 100% or 0%, very few people kind-of like them or think they are sort-of comfortable. I'm one of the people who gets great results from Nike shoes.

I've had a number of good New Balance shoes over the years as well. Training for races that range between 5k and a full marathon, I typically get 500+ miles out of New Balance or Nike shoes.

The worst shoes I've ever had were Avia brand. They just didn't suit my feet.

• 1 year ago

I liked the Asics 2020s. But, a shoe tech put me in New Balance Ravena, which I am still running in. Maybe next time I buy shoes, I'll go for some that are a little softer.

Taking a poll is one thing. But, I hope you are not asking us for our favorite shoes to help you choose your next pair. There is variation in runner's bio-mechanics, and running shoe makers make several models to reflect this. There is a good chance the best shoes for Tom are a poor choice for Harry.

• Jogger2425
      1 year agoReport

I once had Nikes that were comfortable as long as I didn't run more than 6 miles in them. On a run of more than 6 miles, they pinched my feet. I ended up using them as walking shoes.

• Andrew
    1 year ago

One of the most surprising brands would have been Etonic. This was in 1986 when dinosaurs still roamed the earth. Ft Benning, Georgia. Army basic training. We were walked into a px to purchase runnning shoes, shaving supplies, soap, etc...

Nobody had ever heard of Etonic then. The shoes were $10. We thought they must just be junk. After a week people started saying things like, “Um..these are the best running shoes I’ve ever owned..” Nobody disagreed.

• Mr. Mann1 year agoReport

Etonics were the best!!! Now the company just makes golf and casual shoes.

1 year ago

Adidas