Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 8 months ago

hacker code of honor?

I got a email blackmailing me saying they will send videos of me doing bad things on webcam to everyone I know (im under 18) I know now this was a scam but he said if I payed him he will delete the video because he follows the hacker code of honor. Is this realy a thing or did he make it up if so what is the code?

I once met a criminal who had spent 14 years in prison. He said that codes of honor are b.s. because criminals always do what's in their best interest. There is no hacker code of honor. I'd completely ignore the spammer because he's trying to hook you. If you're worried about something getting out, see a therapist who could help you manage the worry.

It's a trap! Ignore the e-mails, tape over your webcam and delete your porn.

Sure there's a code: "Keep on scamming"

he made it up

If the person had a "Code of Honour", you would not have gotten the threat in the first place.

Ask for proof, of possession.

Put tape over your Web Cam from now on.

* This same type of strategy is used by the coppers, when they don't have evidence, to scare the guilty minded into confessing.

There is no official codes. Hackers do what they want and don’t really care about the hackees . If you give in they will extort you more . Just ignore it.

It's code 6