Can I countersign a birth certificate?

My friend has asked my to countersign his birth certificate. I am a qualified teacher with a degree and have worked as a supply teacher but I am currently working as a teaching assistant. Am I still allowed to countersign?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • nappa
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

No

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I don't know what "countersign" means but unless you were there when he was born I would say you can't do it.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

You have it wrong, A BC is issued at birth, only the parent signs it. Do you mean a passport application.

You are still a qualified Teacher.

UK

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

In the UK, no one countersigns a birth certificate. But a passport application requires a countersignatory, who needs to be a professional person. Teachers certainly qualify as such, but probably not teaching assistants.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Yes,those rules were relaxed as long as you know the person for at least 5 years your profession doesn't matter.I believe...but don't take my word for it

• 2 years ago

What does the countersignature indicate? That would determine if you are allowed to countersign.

• 2 years ago

How the fark are we supposed to know? You haven't even told us where you live.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.