Getting back into writing?

Update: I used to write quite a lot until my Dad passed away. So for two years a lot has been going on and I haven't managed to get any done. But in all that time I still liked the idea I was working on before, I just couldn't get back into it. Started a fresh project and it's exactly the same. I have a basic... show more I used to write quite a lot until my Dad passed away. So for two years a lot has been going on and I haven't managed to get any done. But in all that time I still liked the idea I was working on before, I just couldn't get back into it. Started a fresh project and it's exactly the same. I have a basic premise but can't seem to expand the ideas like I used to. I hate all the ideas I come up with. Anyone able to suggest anything to help me through this phase?
Thank you
Update 2: I do read - I just don't take ideas from books. Was there any need to be so rude? Oh yeah, YA.