Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 months ago

How do you explain a rainbow to a blind man?

He has no concept of light, no concept of color, no ability to connect anything you say to reality?

Additionally How do you explain the Supernatural the Spiritually blind (Atheist)

He has no concept of Spirituality, no concept of Faith, no ability to connect anything you say to reality?

inspired by a user who thinks my ability to explain spiritual things to him is my limitation, or the subjects limitations

Update:

reality should be HIS reality

Attachment image

50 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Are you saying that to someone who has not been enlightened by the Holy Spirit it is impossible to understand about God? If that is what you are saying then I suspect you are correct. We can share our witness but we must pray for that person because it was the Holy Spirit who enlightened me and I suspect that is true for everyone else also.

• 10 months ago

Tell him that the rainbow has many beautiful colors, just like the taste of food you eat at any time

• steve
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Red and yellow and pink and green orange and purple and blue. Don't know how to explain each colour.

It is a bit like asking how do you explain to a deaf man what it is like to listen to fabulous music.

I was brought up Christian but at age 14 when my parents allowed me to make my own choice and I decided to reject it.

For 14 years that rainbow was forced upon me.

There is a saying that there is a pot of gold at the bottom of a rainbow.

You will never find it because a rainbow is an illusion.

I think rainbows are not the best analogy to use to persuade me.

• barty
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Are you aware that most atheists were once religious? You don't need to be so condescending and superior. Atheists are people who have seen further than you have. They're not limited in the slightest. They've been where you are and gone past that point.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • convincing is not explaining. I was convinced at 2 that my Dad could fix a TV but I didn't and couldn't know how

• 10 months ago

You would then have to explain why your all powerful deity made some people that way.

Good luck with that.

“You see, the religious people — most of them — really think this planet is an experiment. That's what their beliefs come down to. Some god or other is always fixing and poking, messing around with tradesmen's wives, giving tablets on mountains, commanding you to mutilate your children, telling people what words they can say and what words they can't say, making people feel guilty about enjoying themselves, and like that. Why can't the gods leave well enough alone? All this intervention speaks of incompetence. If God didn't want Lot's wife to look back, why didn't he make her obedient, so she'd do what her husband told her? Or if he hadn't made Lot such a shithead, maybe she would've listened to him more. If God is omnipotent and omniscient, why didn't he start the universe out in the first place so it would come out the way he wants? Why's he constantly repairing and complaining? No, there's one thing the Bible makes clear: The biblical God is a sloppy manufacturer. He's not good at design, he's not good at execution. He'd be out of business if there was any competition.” ― Carl Sagan

• Climate Realist
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Lot's wife had free will.

The fact that she looked is her fault, not God's.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

You don't. Ignorance is bliss. You don't ever even let a blind person know that rainbows ever exist. Then they'll never be curious of what they're missing out from. And be less depressed of their living situation.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Rainbows are rainbows. There aren't different types of rainbow with different people believing that only their rainbow is real. That's the problem that lies with religion.

• 10 months agoReport

Oh yeah so what if your black is my red, and my purple is your green.

• Jeremy
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

By curing them. The bible claims that's in your power. Jesus purportedly healed the blind man in John 9:1-12. Then continue to John 14:12, which reads: "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

No explanation is needed. If this claim of miraculous healing is actually true, they could see for themselves.

Unfortunately though, we still don't have any verifiable instances of this happening. Turns out, the opposite seems to hold. When an area starts getting accurate medical records, the claims of miracles in that area goes down. Strange that someone's ability to heal the blind seems correlated to whether or not where they are has records of who was or wasn't actually blind.

• hellocopter
      Lv 5
      10 months agoReport

http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=26945

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I sure wouldn’t explain it as God’s proof to the world after He flooded it to show His promise to never again try to kill us off.

It has been explained that way before here by certain fiery individuals.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.