How can we hear ourselves thinking?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

You must think very loud or have good ears.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Cus ain't nothing in there

• 2 years ago

When we are able to hear the sound of silence.

• 2 years ago

Just remain quiet for about 15 minutes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Because we are in our own heads.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

How can we not. It's crosstalk in the auditory centres of the brain with mind on one channel and consciousness on another

• Shahid
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

If you mean hearing our own thoughts aurally, i.e. the way we hear birds chirping, knocking at the door, or traffic passing, etc, then it is not possible. This is because thinking involves no physical part of the brain vibrating to produce sound. We can hear ourselves breathing obviously, and if we are very quiet blood coursing through our body. If thoughts were audible, then a common stethoscope would be enough for a polygraph.

If you mean hearing in the way of becoming aware of our thinking then it is possible, and often a very good thing, an obvious sign of consciousness and self-awareness. It is quite common that we think absentmindedly. When we are in the middle of things thoughts can be like impressions, coming in sequences, each quickly led on to another.

We are aware of our thoughts when we are ratiocinating or deliberating, thinking logically critically, examining, planning, or doing thought experiments. It is also common to become aware of what has just passed through the mind, i.e. when we reflect.

• Raja
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Do you want you to be possessed by a spirit to voice the thoughts? You are already possessed by the spirits. They always communicate with you through thoughts. The thoughts must be in the level of thoughts. If thoughts become voices then you must experience the hell. Thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. These spirits can talk. If you try to experience that phenomenon then you will lose peace of mind and happiness too.

Spirits are separate elements. A human being is not a single spirit. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, intelligence, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

• Debbie
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

We can read our own minds

• small
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

No issue for me..... I keep talking to myself when thinking

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.