Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 year ago

I look more Indian than white, but object to being stereotyped. What is the best solution to this problem?

My dad is half-German and half-Greek, but I look more like my mum who is a Gujarati Muslim from W. India.

Consequently, I was born in India instead of the U.K. because my mother started giving birth whilst on holiday outside the EU.

Now, people have generally assumed that I am a “full Indian” or “Muslim”, although I was raised a Christian in a predominantly white neighbourhood.

However, I am consistently challenged by strangers who ask me where I am from, but I don’t want to tell them that I am from India, although I was indeed born there.

People have automatically assumed that I am a “full Indian” or “More Indian than white”, but I am strongly against such suggestions, which I dislike of course.

Therefore, what can I possibly say to people when I am challenged like this; so that my ethnicity can be seen in a more positive light?

How could I make them think I am more English than Indian, despite my appearance suggesting the opposite?

• 1 year ago

You sound racist, what is wrong with being Indian?

• griggle
      1 year agoReport

😂

• 1 year ago

being asked where you are from is not "challenging you" It is idle curiosity.

You may have been born in India but thats not where you are from You are from UK.

• Janet
    1 year ago

NO ONE escapes stereotyping.

So just relax about it. It is part of life.

1 year ago

Easier to say you are Anglo-Indian.

• 1 year ago

The best solution is to not be concerned with what others think. You sound as if you feel the need to justify your existence. You do not. Get on with your life.

• 1 year ago

Live in India, the whiter you are the better.

Or stop caring what people think of your skin color. I get that it can be annoying but people make wrong assumptions all the time, just correct them and maybe they will learn something.

• Lv 4
      1 year agoReport

"skin color"

Your awareness is very lacking.

1 year ago

do you ever remind yourself England is for the english... America is for americans...

• 1 year agoReport

It is far worse to be challenged by people who are racially inferior and have no right to be here at all.

1 year ago

You are racially different. Deal with it, as I did.

Show your loyalty to continuity by helping promote conditions that prevent the destruction of the relevant people.

See comment.

Source(s): Highly incisive, very highly culturally refined, very aware and very intensely strong-minded tactician, elite-grade threat detector (highly likely the most competent, of the millennial generation) and developer of life-saving and mind-enhancing concepts of reasoning and societal organisation. Vehement advocate of human advancement, as well as continuity of desirable human and societal attributes (will viciously oppose anyone or anything threatening these, without exception).