I look more Indian than white, but object to being stereotyped. What is the best solution to this problem?

My dad is half-German and half-Greek, but I look more like my mum who is a Gujarati Muslim from W. India. Consequently, I was born in India instead of the U.K. because my mother started giving birth whilst on holiday outside the EU. Now, people have generally assumed that I am a “full Indian” or “Muslim”,... show more My dad is half-German and half-Greek, but I look more like my mum who is a Gujarati Muslim from W. India.

Consequently, I was born in India instead of the U.K. because my mother started giving birth whilst on holiday outside the EU.

Now, people have generally assumed that I am a “full Indian” or “Muslim”, although I was raised a Christian in a predominantly white neighbourhood.

However, I am consistently challenged by strangers who ask me where I am from, but I don’t want to tell them that I am from India, although I was indeed born there.

People have automatically assumed that I am a “full Indian” or “More Indian than white”, but I am strongly against such suggestions, which I dislike of course.

Therefore, what can I possibly say to people when I am challenged like this; so that my ethnicity can be seen in a more positive light?

How could I make them think I am more English than Indian, despite my appearance suggesting the opposite?